As far as education is concerned, I believe if you want to be the best you must study from the best. And I have been extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity of studying from some of the very best artists in the U.S. today.
As a young student, I was very hungry for good art instruction. It was important to me that I strive to be the best I could possibly be. So I sought out all artists that truly inspired me. As Constantine Chatov once said to me, “It is not where you study, but who you study from; that is the most important thing”. Whomever you chose to take lessons from should really excite and impassion you.
I also fervently believe in the concept of “paying forward”. Because of my good fortune and opportunities as an art student, I now feel obligated to give back in return. I want to pass the excellent concepts and knowledge of what I have learned to others. I cannot teach without generously giving the best I can offer.
Alice conducts workshops, classes and exhibitions which she began in 1992.
- 1992 Nelson Shank (Portraiture) Atlanta, GA
- 1988 – 1989 Cyril Hicks (Figurative Sculpture) Paris, France
- 1984 Stanislov Rembski (Portraiture) Baltimore, MD
- 1980 - 1984 Constantine Chatov (Portraiture and Figure) Atlanta, GA
- 1982 Albert Handell (Pastel) Atlanta, GA
- 1981 Al Tiegreen (Oil) Atlanta, GA
- 1980 Spencer Johnson, AIA, (Pen and Ink Technique) Dallas, TX
- 1980 Al Brouillette, AWS (Watercolor and Glazing) Arlington, TX